The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

Acupuncture - Cause Pain

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Acupuncture - Cause Pain Empty Acupuncture - Cause Pain

Post  Falabella Shire Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 am

Name: Acupuncture – Cause Pain
    Requirements: 1” long, small porcupine quill needles. Agility 10. If used as a Blow Dart, requires Blowgun-like weapon, in my case a Fife or Syrinx.
    Stamina cost: One stamina for as many acupuncture points as desired on one willing person per post. 2 stamina for one attack of 1-8 needles thrown or 1-5 blown)
    Downside: hard to do in combat to any target besides self.
    Post duration: one post to stick with needle, pain is immediate. Effect lasts 2 posts. To blow requires one post arming before the attack.
    Type: Attack
    Range: Inserted by hand. Can be 10’ Thrown if porcupine quill, 20’ Thrown if Wooden or Metal or 50’ Blown with Fife or Syrinx but you have a 25% chance to miss acupuncture point and have no effect
    Base Damage: none
    Other Effect: Creates temporary excruciating pain. This causes a temporary loss of Agility, Weapon, Hand To Hand, and Stamina by 50% and causes the target to drop what is in his hands (if it isn’t strapped on like a shield) for one post, they can pick it up, but the loss of stats lasts for another post.
    Level needed: 3, 7 with a Fife or Syrinx
    Rp Sample link:
    Tokara is busy fighting two bandits while I aid him with poison needles and music buffs and attacks. I didn’t hear the third one coming, I notice him too late. He grabs me from behind and lifts me off the ground, one hand around my throat, the other holding my entire upper-body against him so that he wasn’t actually strangling me, just threatening. The smell of him… and his breath as he told me not to fight him or I’d get hurt… Minotaur armpit unwashed for a month would have smelt like a spring breeze compared to this man.

I grabbed the hand around my throat, acting like the “oh so scared” damsel in distress. Feeling where the bones and tendons in his hand are, finding the sweet spot, I quickly grab an acupuncture needle with my other hand. Jabbing it in his hand, for deeply than needed but not deeply enough for my satisfaction, I hit the proper nerve in his hand, sending such pain throughout his body that he thought he was on fire, being stabbed, and hit by lightning all at once. He immediately drops me and starts clutching his head, the standard physical reaction to such pain. On his side now in the fetal position, I decided my brother won’t be done with his opponents before the effect wears out… phase two… Walking to his back, I insert a needle directly into his spinal column, causing full-body paralysis. He can feel the pain still… but now he can’t even move to try and relieve it, as if he could anyways. By the time the paralysis wears off, Tokara and I should have finished off the other two bandits… just leaving him…
    Description: A needle placed gently in different places on a person’s body activates certain nerve function throughout. This immediately causes extreme pain within the target. Creates temporary excruciating pain. This causes a temporary loss of Agility, Weapon, Hand To Hand, and Stamina by 50% and causes the target to drop what is in his hands (if it isn’t strapped on like a shield) for one post, they can pick it up, but the loss of stats lasts for another post. Good for before a battle starts, or during… if the target is close enough or if it hits its mark. Also good for irritating brothers who don’t listen to anyone…

Last edited by Falabella on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed level of fife or syrinx)
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Acupuncture - Cause Pain Empty Re: Acupuncture - Cause Pain

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 am

I'm a little stuck on this one because I know it would be easy to do with your character's back ground, and while the effect is appropriate for what you're doing with it, it seems harsh for a level 1 skill. I don't want to be that annoying admin guy, but...

What I would like to see is a Level 3 stab/throw, Level 4 fife, Level 5 Syrinx. Would you be alright with this?
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Approved

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 pm