The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

Starting Anew Cont...

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Starting Anew Cont... Empty Starting Anew Cont...

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Sid has just reached the barracks and walks inside. He looks around and notices that it is in more dissaray than he had thought it would be. He looks around a little before asking the closest guard to him where the captain is.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Starting Anew Cont... Empty Re: Starting Anew Cont...

Post  Npc Captains Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 pm

There would be a loud crash as a heavy set man would yell at one of the common city guards. “I thought I told you to get out there and help look for recruits” the guards would scramble up into order and saluted the large man and run out past Sidney all with notices in their hands, they all even had the pouches full of tokens. The large set man would see Sidney as the guard ran out past him. His footsteps would make the ground quake as he stepped forward towards Sidney. Then it picture of him would be more clear it wasn’t a human it was an ogre. The large being would look down at Sidney. “What you here for?” he was wondering if Sidney had a token. But of all things it was rather comedic to see the city guard scramble around.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Sid seemed emotionless at all of the Guard's antics and just opened his hand with the token in it.

"I was given this when I exitted the hospital. I want you to know right now, I have no interest in joining the guard. I have had bad experiences in the past with fighting other people's battles. I will however assist, however I can, with defending those who cannot defend themselves. I do have to admit though, after all that time in the hospital, I'm not sure how well I can fight... I've grown soft." As Sid is about to stop talking he thinks of one last thing to add. "I'm Sidney Hawkins by the way, from Hopenheim Tempestas."

If the Guard Captain had much knowledge of regional events, he would know that Hopenheim no longer existed and that when the town was destroyed the only survivors were 2 boys.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm

The captain looked down at the token. “Good you have a token, but as for Hopenheim I know what happened and I am glad to see someone lived though that mess. As for joining it would seem the guard didn’t inform you that we are hiring any able bodied person as mercenaries. We don’t care what your past is or where you come from. Ever since the elder dragon attacked a few towns monster have become more aggressive, and we don’t have the free hands to patrol the roads. Hell even bandits are becoming more aggressive taking advantage of the attacks to attack travelers.” The heavy set ogre would turn and start walking to a table with a bunch of pouches of gold and in the back is piles of gear. The ogre would then scratch his stomach as he turned looking back at Sidney. “so we are giving out some old armor and weapons to anyone willing to help take up jobs that the city guard cant fill.”

The ogre would look down then back up as if he was trying tot think. “What we need in these days are not the guard but hero’s. We need people willing to risk their own life for others. In requesting this from you can choose your own battles to fight. Plus one will make a good amount of coin from taking up odd jobs that we as the city guard are to under man to do.”
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

"I'm in then." says Sidney. "Not for the money though... Granted I am broke and have no gear to my name. I lost all of it near the remains of Hopenheim. I was in the hospital shelter or 6 months, and I still have some fractures that aren't healed... Bandits though... I can still handle myself against them... Arrogant, cocky, and probably becoming more brash in the chaos that's arisen lately. Anyways... I excell with short blade weapons. Something similar to a dagger would probably best suit me, though I will be more than grateful for anything that you would offer."

While Sidney looks fresh and as though he is green when it comes to fighting, his eyes give him away. It is clear to those that have fought and been around others who have fought, that Sid has experience. His eyes show him to be tired of needless violence, but the key there is needless. He will fight to try to ensure peace to those who deserve it.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 pm

The ogre smiled and let out a hearty laugh. “Good then here ya go.” The ogre picks up a pouch of gold throws it to Sidney. “You get 1000 coin and as where you good with a short blade. Well I will have to say none of the armaments here is really worth crap but there are smiths who can help you acquire much better gear. The best I can give you is two broken long swords. Those are the closest things to daggers we have. As for armor well you look too weak to be wearing heavy plate armor so here’s a pair of worn out leather chaps. Think you could deal with these tell you get better armor?” the ogre just stood there and the gear was all laid out for Sidney to grab.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am

Sid gratefully accepts all that he is given. He is actually really pleased about the twin 'daggers'. "Yeah, this is great. It'll be much better than just cloth, that's for sure. And the twin blades suit me real well." Sid thought to the fact that he had some blacksmithing experience and figured he could afford to sharpen it by grinding off some of blade.

"If you don't mind, I'll be on my way. I need to start training to get back into fighting form." Sid once again thanks the Captain as he leaves.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:56 am