The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

3 posters

Renting a Horse (Reusable topic)

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Renting a Horse (Reusable topic) Empty Renting a Horse (Reusable topic)

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu May 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Sidney enters the stables and speaks to the stable man. "How much is it to rent a good horse. This is an official mission from Von Ronsenberg involving the captured fort to the east. It is imperative that it has good movement and is not one of the old lame horses." says Sidney.

The man gets a horse and brings it over to Sidney. "It'll be 5000 gold to rent the horse and an additional 5000 if it dies."

Sidney pays the man and then saddles up as he prepares to head out.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Renting a Horse (Reusable topic) Empty Re: Renting a Horse (Reusable topic)

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Sidney rides back into the stables and dismounts the rented horse. He leads it to the stall and makes sure that everything is set with it. Then he makes sure he has everything with him and that he is not forgetting. He then walks over to the stable man and makes sure everything is ready for him to leave. When he knows everything is set he decides to head out to find the Captain so that he could finally end the mission.

((Originally erred and put 'Sidney rides back into the stables and dismantles his horse.'))
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Fri May 17, 2013 11:54 am

Sidney enters back into the stable. He seeks out the stableman and hands him the writ that gives him one free rental for a horse. The stableman takes it and then leads Sidney to the horse that Sidney had paid to rent when he had gone to scout the SeaWatch of Kahnia. He saddles the horse and then climbs onto it. He pats it on the neck hoping that he will not run into any horse killers on the road to Mendefera. If he can just get to Mendefera he figures that he will be able to better equip himself for travel.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Getting in to the stables tokara looked around the horses looked fine. A lot of them rather young and still kicking. The stable owner would walk up to tokara. “what can I d yeah for?” tokara would turn and look at the stable master and hold up the free ride horse. “I need a horse big enough to carry me to medefera.” He looked at the man rubbed his chin and wiggled a finger at tokara. H would go out back and bring in a rather old shire mare work horse. “shes a little old but she will get you there.” the horse looked at him and tokara sighed a little. “put some shoes on her I gona have to I would break your other horses.” The stable man would saddle her up and tokara would look around. He found a coule coils of rope. “hey I will pay you for the rope. Never can have to much rope.”

The stable master looked at him “200 gold for the two coils.” Tokara would nod and takes out 200 gold and hands it to the man. “much obliged..” the man left tokara with the horse all saddled up. He took the mares rains and started out waiting for fala.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Falabella came running into the stables, hoping she hadn't made Tokara wait too long.  He was standing there with a large but slightly old horse, but she figured it'd fit his height and weight well.  Seeing the stable owner, she handed him the writ for a horse.  "Anything that'll keep up with him I guess," she says.

He looked her over, her size was a problem just like her big friend but of a totally opposite kind.  "I got a smaller pony here, she might be little feisty, but she'll do your height better than the others."  

Grabbing the reigns, she led the pony to box she could stand on.  Fala climbed up and jumped up into the saddle, she could reach the stirrups from the saddle, but jumping up would have been difficult.  She could always fly up but she wanted to save her Energy.  The pony was fidgety and hadn't wanted to stand still until Fala got seated properly and took control, calming the pony.

"We ready?" Falabella asked her brother on her way out the stables.  The smell of hay was nice, but some fresh air would do her pony good.

((Exit))
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Tokara would get on the mare with a grunt as he made his sword sideways on his back so it wouldn’t hur the poor old mare in the flank. Grabbing the straps for the rains he followed falabella out on to the road her pony had a bit more pep to its step then tokaras old mare. “Come on old girl I know I am the last thing you want be carrying.” The mare would let out a grunt in agreement. “Hey that wasn’t a question I wanted you to answer…” the would make it on to the road.

(exit)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 pm