The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+4
NPC Event
Marga coreta
Npc Captains
Koroseta Mauiliu
8 posters

Reporting to the Barracks

Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Reporting to the Barracks - Page 2 Empty Re: Reporting to the Barracks

Post  Npc Captains Mon May 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Blorg looked at the girl and stood up and leaned forward and spoke in a tone that was rather calm. “if you don’t respect your superiors, you can get right out of here.” he dropped a pouch of gold in front of her. “if you don’t want gear you don’t get gear, until you learn respect. Height matters nothing compared to ones respect for those in command.” With that blorg sat back down, he had returned to writing out something on paper.
    Tess Crosszeria
    Tess Crosszeria
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$1400
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tess Crosszeria Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Tess restrain herself from getting into a fight with this Ogre remembering what the female captain said to her if she got into anymore trouble in the city "I...I apologize for being disrespectful. I am just short-tempered ,but moving on I would like to get a sword." she said trying to be as polite as she can. Tess was struggling to be so nice, but she felt like it was going nowhere. "Um excuse me my job would be Assassin."
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 pm

blorg heard her apologise and he nodded his head. Getting up he walked over to the pile and grabbed musty mage robes and leather chaps, and one busted long sword. Walking over to the girl he handed the gear to her. “this is all we have to give none military signed recruits. We don’t have enough strong gear to give to everyone. You have to make your way up the ladder.” Saying that he left the gear with the half fairy and sat back down.

(captains wont respond to classes like assassin or any thing as you work your character in to the class you want.)
    Tess Crosszeria
    Tess Crosszeria
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$1400
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tess Crosszeria Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Tess grabs her gear thanking the Ogre. she swings her sword a few times to see that it wasn't going to last long if she used it right now "Guess I will have to take this thing to the blacksmith shop before I do anything else."S he said walking out the barracks.
    Weapon(.5)
    Saori Pegason
    Saori Pegason
    Level 2

Female Posts : 153

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$0
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Saori Pegason Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 am

Saori would look at the guard after speaking his ritual of sorts, and smile as she took the small, roughed up, coin in hand. Looking at it, her eyes scanned over the coin in an attempt to discern its foundations. The emblem of Mendefera remained on its surface, though, only to be torn, dusted and slightly chipped. She figured it probably was for the very reason the guard had given it to her. "Hmm.." Saori thought aloud. ".. This may be the best possible way to get some official military training." She smirked, meekly.

The guard would have been off by now, walking away, followed suit by Saori as she spun and walked toward the barracks. Continuing her conquest, the campaign of vengeance and walking the path of sorrow, she had finally reached the barracks, a group of guards pass every now and again with a lonely four stationed outside of the buildings ironclad doors. Walking forward, she'd pass the stagnant guards, their position never faltering, even in the wake of the heated sun above. The door opened, a rebellious push from the dark elf sent it so, as she meandered into the building, eyes blazing. There must be a commanding officer here somewhere.. Her mind was racing, her eyes briefly scanning the room.

Sunlight showed through the rust and rotted dust within the hall of soldiers, creating rays of particles that illuminated the room just enough for ease of sight, though the torch sconces lined atop the walls assisted in this manner as well. Finally, her eyes came to a halt, a gaze shared by the Commanding Officer of this partitions platoon of men and women, armed to the teeth. Saori would begin walking over, the token she'd be given being flipped around her fingers in a similar form to that of a cardshark.

Singling him out, she'd stop at the desk which housed his seated buttock, flashing a smile and holding the coin up to her face. "Hail, Sir. Saori Shadowborn reporting for duty, as such was requested of me by the Peacekeepers. I believe this token holds value for some light armament, and perhaps some new weaponry to affix my presence among your numbers." She spoke like a proper, noble woman. Though her background and fighting style would dispute, no, even detest, such discrepencies.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Tue May 07, 2013 12:18 pm

The captain would stand up, the look on her face looked like a man tell light illuminated in fact this was a women. she had scars all over her face and one of her arms was missing removed at the shoulder, her eyes where a deeper piece then any this pretty elf women would have ever seen. “you don’t get to join our ranks, you’re the people’s army. Your job is to go out and kill monsters that are rampaging crossed the land while we handle things in town.” It was easy to see this women didn’t like elfs to much, maybe she had faught so many it twister her views of them.

Her voice was harsh to the elf but she then pointed with her one arm to a pile of gear. Most of it crap, actually it was all crap gear. “Choose three things then I will give you, your gold. I could give two damns about the peace keepers they just a bunch of pansies. Never sticking a finger in to any war, protecting dragons.” Quite the demanding captain, also seemed she had a large quarrel with dragons too.
    Saori Pegason
    Saori Pegason
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Saori Pegason Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Saori would watch as the Captain stood from her seated position, her face remaining at an emotionless pit of despair. Momentarily wide-eyed at the ignorant response the Captain put out, she took a calm breather and decided it wasn't anywhere near worth it to fight with a Captain. Though Saori could clearly tell she had something against her kinship. Nodding, she accepted the Captain's onslaught of degrading, though never putting her head down. Elves were a prideful people and would never disrespect themselves, no less in front of a envious, one-armed, barbarically ugly, human.

As the finger of the Captain pointed toward a pile of gear, the only thing that crossed Saori's mind was - Shitty..... - Her inner voice toggled from excitement to depression in a fraction of a second. .. So much for joining the glorious military. Inoperative bastards.. Snapping back into reality, Saori simply flashed a smile at the Captain, gently placing the coin on the table before her. Walking over, she took a worn down leather-padded armor, and picked up two seemingly broken longswords, cracked and reduced to the size of a shortblade, or dagger in appearance. She held the armor in hand, though the blades were sheathed, complete with a belt which allowed them to be slung from her hips.

She walked back over to the Captain, slightly adjusting her weight to get used to the items she was now carrying. "With your approval, Sir." She'd smirk, awaiting the payment of gold she was to be given for enlisting into Humus` military guard.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Tue May 07, 2013 12:48 pm

The female captain would look at the elf and sneer. Tossing the pouch of gold on to the ground she left the room, and headed though a door punching it with her one arm she busted the door off its hindges. A tall ogre captain would walk in be hide saori, quite light on his feet for being 14 feet tall. He let out a grunt. “a captain from the land of lakes. She was sent here to help with the refugees, don’t mind her attitude to much. She just hates elfs, because her husband left her in her time of need I here.” Blorg would pick up the pouch of gold and hand it to saori properly.
    Saori Pegason
    Saori Pegason
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Saori Pegason Tue May 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Saori would smirk as the Captain walked off after tossing her pouch of gold on the floor. Intolerable fucker. She'd think, laughing inside. However, as she watched the Captain walking out, she punched the ironclad door, knocking the very thing from their hinges. She may be a bitch, but shes very effective, apparently.. She'd laugh aloud. However, as she left, a large, towering Captain walked in, explaining to Saori that such things were to be expected of a woman who lost her husband to an Elf. Meekly frowning, Saori pretended to feel sorry, taking the gold as the Ogre handed it to her. "Thank you, Captain.. Please, excuse me. She'd brush her hair back, pulling up a hood, saluting the ogre and walked off.

EXIT
    Xantrex
    Xantrex
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$1000
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Xantrex Mon May 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Xantrex walks pass a group of men sitting down talking about how they are going to kill the most dragons and deflower the most women " You men are disgusting peons who deserve what ever death comes to you for using something like a war to get your way with women." he said in his mind. Walking to the desk in the back he spots someone with a sign saying taking tokens over here and he knew that it had to be the place.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am

Sitting at a desk near the sign was a relatively young looking woman who appeared to be a mix of Asian and English descent. If one knew her well this would be explained by her father being from Humus and her mother being from Ventus. She is rather small of stature for a human standing at 5 foot even with long raven hair and foggy gray colored eyes. She is wearing a light samurai style armor that would allow for ease of movement. The only truly unique thing about the armor was the gauntlet on her right arm. It seemed almost form fitting and could pass for being made out of jade yet it flexed with her hand. She is armed with a single katana.

As Xantrex approaches she looks up at him and sets down her quill pen next to the report she had been filing. Her facial expression is serious and one can tell that she takes her job seriously. "May I see your token?" she asks. In her voice one can make out a slight irritation but judging by her body language this was not meant to be directed at Xantrex. She holds out her hand with her palm facing up waiting for Xantrex to hand her his token.
    Xantrex
    Xantrex
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Xantrex Thu May 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Xantrex places the token in the Lady's hand wondering she seemed to have a irritated voice as if someone just pissed her off. Looking over his shoulder he could see a man and a woman leaving with a busted up long sword laughing at how they where going to use the money they got to buy themselves a large quantity of Ale to drink. This had to be so pitiful to use money from a war to fuel your habits. Xantrex purple eyes was fixed on the lady as if she was someone special to him.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Fri May 31, 2013 7:10 pm

The Captain takes the token from Xantrex. "Not that any of the gear is all that impressive, but you can take what you'd like from the Stock pile." she says pointing to a pile of various gear that was all equally crappy. "After you choose your gear come back here and I will give you your gold."

After saying this she starts counting out gold and placing it into a pouch. One would assume that this would have been done already and by the look on the Captain's face she appeared to be thinking the same thing. She did not look at all amused.

((The following link lead to the list of gear that there is. Any that have a price next to the topic name are not included.))

https://theeighthcontinent.rpg-board.net/f26-basic-weapons

https://theeighthcontinent.rpg-board.net/f28-basic-armor-clothing
    Xantrex
    Xantrex
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Xantrex Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:08 am

"The condition of the gear does not bother me at all." he told the beautiful captain in front of him as he walks off and grabs a broken large sword and some leather chaps. Xantrex cared little for the armor he mostly preferred his clothing over any armor. Returning back to the captain he watches her count out the gold coins. He begins to see why she might have been mad due to the fact she had to count out all the gold by herself "Isn't there someone who should be helping you do this?" he asked talking for the first time when not talked to.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am

The Captain looks to Xantrex. "Yeah, the Captain in charge here... I'm from Ventus and am on business from there. I'm going to file a report on him for his incompetence. Regardless. Here is your gold." She says as she hands the pouch to him. "You are free to leave whenever you would like." She then goes back to looking after paperwork that she should have to be doing in the first place. This time though it looks as though she is working on a formal complaint.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 4 Next Rest! 100 exp/4.7k
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Remy enters the barracks and looks around. He then looks over to who he assumed was the Captain of the Barracks. He walks over to them with a dual purpose. The first being that he wanted to get some basic gear. The second being that he wanted to officially accept the horse killer quest. Like he had said to himself before, he may not be able to kill it at this point but he sure would be able to track it.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:55 pm

The Captain is sitting working through a large pile of paperwork.  As the Captain sees Remy approach the Captain grabs a pouch of gold and looks to Remy.   "If you have a token that you can hand to me you can have this pouch of gold and your selection of the gear that is over on that bench."  The Captain then points to a ton of crappy gear on a bench off to the side of the Captain. "After that you may leave." says the Captain focusing back onto paperwork.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 4 Next Rest! 100 exp/4.7k
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:23 am

Remy hands his token to the captain and takes the pouch of gold. He looks at the gear momentarily before deciding that he could just use the money to buy something that would benefit him more. "Thank you for the gold. I believe that I'll just buy me some gear." With that Remy walks out of the barracks. He decides that he might as well go back to the quest board and maybe earn some money around the city before he headed out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:44 am