The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

5 posters

Into the barracks

Nzuri Asubuhi
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Level 0 NOOB

Female Posts : 10

Into the barracks Empty Into the barracks

Post  Nzuri Asubuhi Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Nzuri arrived at the barracks, still clutching the token that she was given. She carefully trotted through, looking at all the people there. Although this was a seemingly busy place, she had trouble distinguishing who was supposed to be a commander. Maybe she just wasn't looking hard enough. She wanted to ask someone if they could point her to a captain but she was afraid that they would laugh and point out someone really obvious. Nzuri looked very confused and slightly worried, though she tried to hide it. She didn't want someone coming over to ask what was wrong or if she needed help. She really didn't want to have to start a conversation at all, but it seemed that she would have to unless she wanted to walk around and look out of place there. The more Nzuri thought about it, the more she actually liked the idea of wandering around until she found who she was looking for. Or until they found her.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Into the barracks Empty Re: Into the barracks

Post  Npc Captains Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Into the barracks FFXII_Basch_End

Amongst all of the busy guards is a man behind a desk reviewing some paper work.  Nzuri might notice that everyone seems to nervously keeping an eye on him for some reason though.  He seems intent in what he is doing and doesn't notice her, nor does anyone else really as they all seem to be intent on their work.  The man behind the desk turns to one of the guards.  Are these all of the records?  There seem to be a few days that are unaccounted for.

The man turns and looks at him nervously.  Let me check one time sir.  Sorry, sir.  He then quickly goes to another room.
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Nzuri Asubuhi Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 pm

The centaur noticed that no one else seemed to be noticing her. Normally, she would be fine with this. But she needed someone to notice her and help her. They all seem busy with their own work though. As she walked a bit further, she noticed a man sitting behind a desk. He looked important, so he must know something that could help her. "Um, hi. I uh..I have this token. Do...Do you know what I do with it?" Nzuri asked as she stood in front of his desk and held out the small item.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 pm

The man would look up to her at first with a quizzical look on his face and then he smiles to her. Oh, my apologies. Yes, you turn those in here. Well, what kind of weapon or armor are you looking for. We can get you some gear that is close to what you're looking for. Also, I'll give you a pouch of gold. Unfortunately I'm not sure that they've got the best selection of gear though.
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Nzuri Asubuhi Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Nzuri set the token on the commander's desk. "Well, do you have anything in the way of a bow and arrow type weapon?" She asked as she cast a few glances around, trying to avoid looking him in the eye. "As for the armor, do you  maybe have something like a breastplate? Or really even a leather shirt would work. If that's not too much trouble, that is." The centaur's tail swayed slightly as she began to grow nervous that she was asking too much.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 am

(Am so sorry about the wait on this.)

The man would look around after she had requested the gear. Oh, this is the gear? he asks looking at one of the guards. A little shoddy but it's better than nothing. He then motions for the closest guard. Alright, get her the best Breastplate and bow that you can find. Some arrows too. The guard then goes and does as he says as he walks over to her and hands a Seasoned Platemail and a Wornout Bow to her. Meanwhile the man behind the desk holds out a pouch filled with 1000 gold to her.
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Nzuri Asubuhi Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Nzuri accepted the items with a smile. She put on the platemail and slung the bow over her shoulder. Then she accepted the pouch of gold and held it close to her. She would need some way to store her gold so people couldn't see it, hopefully lowering her chances of being mugged. But she decided that she would look for a bag somewhere else. "Thank you very much." Nzuri said, bowing her head down slightly. When she lifted her head back up, she tilted it slightly as she spoke. "So why are you trying to recruit people?"
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:14 pm

The man had a look of puzzlement on her face when he was asked this. The man who gave you the token didn't tell you? Lately a lot of chaos has been born into this land. Starting with a loose Elder Earth Dragon that was flying about and razing villages. Because of this bandits and others have tried to take advantage of the discord throughout the land. Right now is the worst I've ever seen it for bandit activity and on top of that the monsters are acting up more than I've seen before. We're recruiting people to try and keep these threats away from the cities and towns in Humus and even other countries.

He then holds up one of the papers he had been going through. It appears as though this isn't being carried out all that efficiently though, which is why I'm looking over everything here. The Mendefera Guard Captains need to keep better track of the number of people they have aided. He then hesitates a moment. It occurs to me that I never had introduced myself. I'm General Carsten Klupse, of the Humus Militia.
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Nzuri Asubuhi Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Nzuri shook her head. "He certainly didn't go into that much detail..." Talk of bandits was enough to give her goosebumps, but hearing about a dragon sent an ice cold shiver down her spine. "Thank you for informing me, General Krupse." She said a bit dryly. She really was thankful for the explanation, but she was still trying to grasp the idea of a dragon rampaging, and that she may one day face it. Even if she only runs away from it, she would still most likely be terrified. "My name is Nzuri. Perhaps we will meet again." She said when she finally pulled herself back together. The centaur gave an awkward salute, not really sure of what else to do, before turning around and exiting the barracks.

(exit topic)
    Mina May
    Mina May
    Level 2

Female Posts : 43

Post  Mina May Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Mina was walking through the barracks with a token in one hand and her rabbit puppet Usagi on the other hand. She was looking for a captain to give the token to but while searching she ended up running into a wall. Mina took a few steps back from the wall only to trip and fall on the ground and caused her to let go of the token that she was holding. Mina got up from where she fell while thinking Ow that kinda hurt.. But with my luck it would be expected that I would run into a wall.. But look on the bright side this isn't the worst thing to happen to me. Mina then noticed that her pet rabbit Chi had jumped out of her pocket. The little rabbit went to go get the token the Mina had dropped earlier once the rabbit found where it had landed she picked it up in her mouth and brought it back to her master. Mina looked down at the little rabbit and picked it up while saying "Oh right the token! Chi you might want to hold on to it for me that way I don't drop it again."
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 pm

The large blob of a captain known as blorg was watching this all unfold infront of him... first he checks his mug of ale and  sniffs it thinking he was drinking to much.  but the wasnt it as the girl then talked and a white rabbit ran acrossed the floor and picked up the token.  hearing her talk to the rabbit that acted like a dog he clears his throat. "Umm i can take that over here little miss." his first glance was this girl was a child but she might be just a skinny dwarf... at least he hoped he didn't want to send children to there deaths. he just sat there in his chair the creaks as he wiggle a little in it.
    Mina May
    Mina May
    Level 2

Post  Mina May Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Mina looked over at the larger creature who seemed to be speaking to her and though This must be a captain right? Okay good! ..Oh but I better use Usagi for this I wouldn't want any bad luck to spead...That is if it can spread. Mina then put her rabbit on her shoulder and took the token from the rabbit. She then approached the captain and nearly tripped again. Mina then used one of her hands to hand the token to the captain. She used her hand with the puppet and began to speak in a voice that was different than her own while moving the puppets mouth "Well hi there! So you must be a captain right? Well I am Usagi!" Then Mina turned the puppet to herself as she said again using her Usagi voice "And this here is my best friend Mina!" Then Mina's pet rabbit moved from her shoulder to her head and Usagi said  "Oh yeah that is Chi!"
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Blorg was... defiantly at a loss for words when the girl started to talk through a puppet. he coughs a little bit, there was chi mina and usagi....."Ummm okay..." he strechs over grabbing the token from the strange little girl. "umm are you old enough to be here??" he said rather doubtful she was of age. he stands up and his chair stuck to his ass as he did stand up. "oop ate to much." he said rather hunched his chair stuck out some what. "i will just stay sitting.." sitting down again the chair creaks. he then takes from a small pile of coin a coint pouch full of gold and set it at the corner of the table.
    Mina May
    Mina May
    Level 2

Post  Mina May Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 am

Mina didn't expect to be asked her age and she crossed the arms of the puppet and said again using her puppet "Hmph if Mina wasn't the correct age to get a token then why would she have one? Besides you should never ask a lady her age it is kinda rude! But if you must know Mina is 28!" Mina then realized that she was probably being a little mean and she said to the puppet in her normal voice "Umm Usagi don't you think you were bring a little rude youself? I mean he is a captain and I do look rather young for my age." Mina then used her Usagi voice and said "You are right! I am sorry I didn't mean to snap like that." Mina didn't make a comment on the captain getting stuck in his chair but she couldn't help but think Oh no did that happen because of me? Is my bad luck spreading?
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

the actions of usagi and Mina had gotten the attention of other guards. Blorg how ever just rubbed his temples he wasn't sleeping good recently because some one moved his rock bed, so e was more irritable. "Okay just asking. do get your self worked up. Well from the looks of you..." he whistled to a gaurd, rather strong whistle. "get her a staff and some robes, this one might be a mage." the gaurd handed mina a staff with a cracked gem on the top and some robes that smelled rather moldy.  then blog tosses the pouch of gold at her.  "theres your gear... better get it fixed up before you decided to fight any thing."

in the back a gaurd runs in to the barracks yelling some thing. "report from the north east gates, imusa the healer is with 4 travelers and they are dragging in a beast of ivory color with gold all over it."

Blorg went to sit up when his chair finally crunched under him. the sudden drop made the ground shake as the hevy ogre lands. but he  just starts laughing as he stands up. "they have a beast of ivory and gold must be a Unkrora. About time we seeing some people fighting back the beasts of the wild back." blorg was more excited to hear there was some one doing what they where hired on to do.
    Mina May
    Mina May
    Level 2

Post  Mina May Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Mina was handed a staff and some robes and then she was tossed a bag of coins, however because of her luck and the fact that she didn't notice the coins being tossed at the the bag ended up hitting the side of her head. Mina knelt down ad picked up the bag of coins now noticing that people were staring at her. Mina felt like she should probably go and she began to walk away when she was knocked down by a guard who said something about a group of people that brought in some creature. This cause Mina to think Wow a creature like that sounds like it would be hard to defeat.. Well it did take a group to beat it I know if I were on my own I wouldn't be able to beat it.. Maybe I should go meet the people that were able to take down a creature like that? Mina was then launched about a foot in the air due to the guard captain's chair breaking and the captain himself dropping to the ground. Mina felt like everyone was staring at her at this point so she picked up everything that was given to her and made her way out of the barracks and only ran into one wall while leaving.

-Exit-
    Lydia Elio
    Lydia Elio
    Level 1

Post  Lydia Elio Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Lydia made her way to the barracks but did not enter it yet instead she leaned up against a wall outside of it and began to nap. After a few hours had passed Lydia finally woke up and began to think Okay that was a good nap... Now what was I doing here again? Lydia walked into the barracks not exactly sure what it was she was doing other than she knew she had to be there.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:30 am

A large blonde haired man with a full beard and thick mustache looks up from the desk that he is behind as Lydia enters the Barracks. At first he ignores Lydia and continues about his paperwork but after a short time he seems to be bothered by the person only because they are not a guard and don't appear to be there on any kind of business. Excuse me, is there anything that anybody here can help you with, or are you just a tourist or something?
    Lydia Elio
    Lydia Elio
    Level 1

Post  Lydia Elio Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Lydia yawned and heard the man's words which slightly annoyed her. Lydia responded with "You would really let tourist in here? Not really the best place for civilians. I mean there are weapons everywhere, I can see the lawsuits already.. I came here for a reason I just can't remember why I needed to be here." Lydia yawned again and then noticed that something was in her pocket and pulled out a token and said "Oh yeah this thing."
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 am

Captain Carrington sighs at Lydia's response. No, we do not let tourists roam around here, but that doesn't stop the occasional entitled jackass from stopping in and thinking that it's their right to come in and try to play fifty questions about how the Guard does things. He takes note of her first and second yawn and then how Lydia had said that they had forgotten why they were here. Before Lydia pulled out the token.

After Lydia does pull out the token Carrington responds. Now, either wake up and get your head straight or leave. So far you're showing me that you're not fit to even be outside of the city. You do realize that this IS a serious thing that you're here for? The surprisingly tall Captain Carrington then stands up, I've seen plenty of people with lax don't give a damn attitudes like you die in battle because they had their heads up their own asses and Peacekeeper order or not, I'll be damned if I gear somebody up with the knowledge that they're just going to go and get themselves killed.

He then watches to see what Lydia's reaction to this will be. Waiting to see if Lydia would say or do something to try to prove that he had assumed wrong about them. At the same time if Lydia waited a short time it was about time for Carrington to be relieved for the day by another Captain.
    Lydia Elio
    Lydia Elio
    Level 1

Post  Lydia Elio Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:36 am

Lydia's first reply to what the captain said was Well if they aren't aloud in here can't you just kick them out? I mean you are a guard captain are you not? I really didn't think people would be that curious as to what a guard does I mean they are guards I think what they do is pretty self explanatory just by knowing that they are guards."

Then Lydia became rather pissed off and responded with "Okay well number one I am awake obviously I mean come on are you blind? Also whether or not I take this seriously shouldn't concern you at all, if I get my ass kicked out there would be my own damn fault. If I wanted to be lectured by someone than I would of stayed with Master Morgan. So if you don't like my attitude then you should just pray that I go out there and get killed right?
    "
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Lydia's two part outburst that first has her take something figurative literally and then somehow completely misconstrue what Carrington had said so badly that she seemed to take the opposite meaning from him, was enough to make him end the conversation.  Well, it was a special little conversation there, I'm not sure what kind of upbringing you had that makes you act the way you do, but you need to learn how to properly interact with others or you'll have problems with authority figures in the near future.  And no, that isn't a threat, it's a guarantee considering who the authority figures are in this city.  

With that said Captain Carrington completely ignores anything else that Lydia may say and walks into the back of the barracks so that he can go off-duty.  On the way through he passes Samira Imam, the newest Captain of the Guard.  She was a unique individual who was dressed in a refined yet revealing manner with a lot of what he considered excessive jewelry, not like he would expect of guards but she had a good mindset for a Captain and he appreciated what she would bring from a command standpoint, to the guard barracks.

Samira enters the front section of the barracks without having been told about Lydia.

(Samira)
    Spoiler:
    Lydia Elio
    Lydia Elio
    Level 1

Post  Lydia Elio Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 am

Lydia saw a woman wearing alot of jewerly and her immediate thoughts were Who is that? Is she like one of those tourists that that guy was talking about? I mean she doesn't really look like a guard captain.. Not saying she isn't pretty I mean she is kinda pretty.. But is all that jewelry really necessary?... Should I talk to her?.. Well first I might aswell watch her and see just who is she? Lydia then began to sorta watch the woman yet Lydia was also debating on weather or not she wanted to take another nap.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Captain Imam sits down behind the Captain's desk with a bored expression on her face. It isn't long before a guard walks over to her, Captain Imam, here is the paperwork that needs a Captain's signature. He then drops a large stack of papers on the desk, salutes her and walks off. She sighs and holds her head up with her left hand. There is a large ring on her middle finger that seems to shimmer after a moment and then a paper from the top of the pile seems to move by itself to a spot in front of her. Shortly after a quill levitates, dips into an inkwell and then begins signing the paper all seemingly by itself.

While this happens Samira looks at Lydia. Is there anything that I can help you with?
    Lydia Elio
    Lydia Elio
    Level 1

Post  Lydia Elio Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Lydia was a bit surprised to hear that the woman who had recently entered the room was a captain. When the captain asked Lydia if she needed something and she replied with "Yeah I do" Then Lydia showed her the token as she though I wonder how a woman like that managed to be a captain?.. I guess she has some extreme skill? Or maybe she had family connections?.. Does it work that way?.. Well the better question would be Can it work that way?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm