The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

4 posters

Getting a good start

Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Male Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$750
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Getting a good start Empty Getting a good start

Post  Enye Nguvu Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Enye aimlessly roamed around the barracks, his hooves pounding the ground with each step and head swinging from side to side as he looked for someone that might be a captain. "Hey, you there." He called towards what he assumed was a guard. "Surely you must know where your captain is, correct?" Enye realized how out of place he must have looked. A minotaur among men must have been quite the sight to see. "Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of them?" Enye bent over a bit, so he was closer to the guard's left ear. His tone became a bit softer as he lowered his voice. "I'm kind of in need of some armor and weapons, and I heard that I could go to a captain to get something to start out with. Is this true?"
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Getting a good start Empty Re: Getting a good start

Post  NPC Event Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:18 pm

The guard would got to say some thing to the rather large and polite asking Minotaur when a large fat grey ogre steps behind Enya. "You looking for a captain. i'm right behind you..." The large fat ogre walks past the Minotaur. "so you need some armor and weapons where the badge showing a guard pointed you here?" he ogre hobbles over to a larges chair that he sits in as it creaks under his massive weight. "see... its against the rules to just hand it out." the ogre waits for him to present the badge if he didn't give him one he was going to hand the Minotaur one any way.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:31 pm

The Minotaur was startled by the ogre's presence behind him, but his shock was quickly turned to slight embarrassment for not seeing the ogre sooner. "A badge?" Enye repeated. He silently began to worry that he would be turned away without the equipment he came seeking. The bull creature shook his head. "I do not have a badge. But if they is what is required, where may I find one?" Enye didn't know this ogre, and he certainly didn't want to fight right now. The Minotaur decided it was probably in his best interest to not point out how much the chair was struggling not to collapse, nor should he laugh at the image that appeared in his mind of the chair breaking. Instead, he stood up straight before the captain and maintained a neutral facial expression.
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:05 pm

The ogre sits up and the chair creaks more and then flicks a odd shaped badge at the Minotaur feet. "It looks like that.... also learn to be less stressed you live longer." He said he knew the Minotaur was staring at the chair he was sitting in. but the ogre was smart the wood was Rare hard to get a hold of iron wood. it would hold him plus three more like him. "Now.. what need... w can only give you 1000 gold, one shitastic weapon and some fabuloisly out dated armor." with a loud chuckle as a rookie guard comes up to Blorg with some papers and he takes out a pair of glasses to read the papers and speaks with the rookie, mumbling to them then looks back at the mino. "just choose what gear you need." he said getting back to the papers.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Enye relaxed his shoulders a bit, trying his best to not look stressed. He took a few deep breaths to steady himself before speaking. "Thank you, Captain." The Minotaur turned his attention to a pile of old and rusty weapons sitting in a heap on the ground. He dug through it for a while before finding a rusted large mace, scarred from what looked like years of use. It was amazingly shitastic and much lighter than he would have preferred, but it would have to do.

He then turned his attention to the equally horrid pile of dirty and mismatched pieces of scrap, which he assumed to be the armor. Perhaps finding a chest plate or even a shirt big enough to cover him without looking light a nightgown might be pushing his luck. After searching through the mound and getting amply covered in dust, Enye settled on a seasoned platemail. This seemed to be the only thing he could find in the pile that was remotely close to his size. Everything was either way too big or way too small. He briefly wondered who, or what, could wear such large clothes. But he decided it was probably best that he didn't find out.

Enye stood up, his knees popping back into place after being bent upon for so long."Alright," He said as he turned back to the ogre. "Am I to assume you can direct me to where the promised 1000 gold is?" Honestly, Enye assumed it would have been scattered around and the new recruits would be made to look for all 1000 pieces themselves. But to his surprise, he could see no coin on the ground.
    forty
    forty
    Admin

Male Posts : 437

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  forty Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:03 pm

Blorg smiles and takes out a pouch of gold and tosses it at the minotaur. "don't spend it all in one place. an try and try to keep your head on your shoulders." the ogre went back to the paper work it was alot of stuff about the recent Hydra attack. "oh an another thing dont leave this city by your self there are many creatures that would be glad for the free meal, you hear me?" the captain was still looking at the papers he was being kind in the advice.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Enye caught the sack of coins with his left hand, quite relieved to have caught it and not made a fool out of himself. He nodded at the captain's advice. "I will try to be careful." Enye wasn't too much of a people person, but he had overheard talk of dangerous monsters that seemed to be everywhere in the wilderness. He turned around and took a few steps before looking over his shoulder. "I suppose I shall see you around then." Facing back the way he came, the Minotaur strode off. What a great beginning to his story.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:12 pm