The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

3 posters

Practicing Bard

Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ 500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Practicing Bard - Page 2 Empty Re: Practicing Bard

Post  Alexi Abramov Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Alexi is levitating through the streets absentmindedly as she is reading one of the books that she had just bought. There is a crowd near where she is but she is not paying attention to the focus of it as she is trying to figure out which language the first spell was in. It appeared to be an older out dated light elven language and it takes her a little while before she begins understanding any of it. She is in view of Falabella and if she would look up she would probably see Falabella.

Practicing Bard - Page 2 3990408292  16
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Taking a rest from her playing, she started to scope out the crowd that was dispersing.  If she could remember the age, race, and gender of the majority of the group, she could try to play songs that would draw them in even more.  As she was looking around, she spotted a familiar form floating by.  She was reading a book and seemed very engrossed in it.

"Hey Alexi!" she called out.  "Done your mining already?"
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Alexi had finally figured out what the language was for sure and was reading through the first spell when she head Falabella call over to her and ask if she was done with her mining. She looks up and smiles at Falabella before stopping the levitation and walking over to her.

Yeah, I finished mining. I ran into Tokara there and left him with a hundred pounds or so of coal, about 40 pounds of iron and some gold, silver and natural steel. He was funny, when he first walked up he said, 'How you doin'? And it sounds like he's o.k. with me joining the group as a healer because when I mentioned it he said 'You can heal me anytime'. Alexi was completely unaware that it was his way of hitting on her.

I came back because I had 4 sapphires and this! She says putting her book away and pulling out the golden star sapphire to show Falabella.

Practicing Bard - Page 2 3990408292  17
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Hearing what Tokara had been saying to Alexi, Falabella was instantly irritated with her brother. *You dog Tokara... You're more of a dog than your dog! Oh when I get my hands on you...* Even as she thought it, she knew that she wouldn't do anything to him... the porcupine was fun and all but she'd give it a break for now. Especially since it seemed Alexi was totally ignorant to the fact that Tokara was hitting on her.

Hearing Alexi talk about how many gems she had, and seeing the one she pulled out, Falabella was struck in awe. Like most woman, she did love a sparkly gem... and the one in Alexi's hand was beautiful. "Wow, you hit some luck in there... that thing is gorgeous."
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Alexi then put the star sapphire away again. I can't wait until I can enchant gems. That's why I was reading that book. I was working on my enchanting. Alexi then pauses. So, what have you been doing lately? Alexi hadn't heard the music that Falabella had been playing so she really had no clue what it had been that Falabella had been doing. Alexi takes her book back out but she doesn't begin reading it again, not yet anyways.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:28 pm

"I did some chores for a little bit. I was just playing some music. It'll help be cultivate my Bard skill so I can work more magic with it, but getting donations from the crowd doesn't hurt," she said with a smile. "Its not the fastest way to make money, but its easy as long as I can think of the songs. And it's nice to know that I'm getting better when I get more money."

Enchanting sounded interesting, but expensive if you needed gems to do it. *I think I'll stick with entertaining people and working magic with music...* Figuring she should be about done anyways, she picked up her gold from the saddlebag and put it back on Arakot.

Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:38 pm

So what are you doing next? I'm through with what I have to do for now other than reading. Alexi was looking for something to do as she was a little bored. Sure she would welcome a shower and sleep but she wasn't quite ready for bed yet. What element are you? I'll let you know if I come across any spells of use that you might be able to use. says Alexi still trying to be useful so that she would be accepted into the group.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Falabella thinks for a moment.  She'd been thinking of finishing up busking anyways and what else she could do before night fell.  "If you want, you can come with me.  I was thinking of going just outside the city to look for herbs.  If I can find some more poisons, I can put them on some of my weapons... Cures might help too," she laughed.  "I'll lead Arakot so he can carry our stuff and we can walk together... out a separate gate from the ones that have monsters..."  They shouldn't be out too long and wouldn't venture too far from the city... she hoped they wouldn't run into any trouble without Tokara there to protect them...  At least Alexi could heal if anything did come up... and they could always run. "Oh, I'm Wind... Tokara's water but he has such a small amount of Magic it's almost non-existant"
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds good to me. I hope you don't mind if I read while we are out there. I want to learn these before I go to bed tonight so I can enchant them into paper some time tonight before bed. says Alexi. Alexi is a little worried about running into a fight as well, but if Falabella had survived fighting the thing that she had seen her near earlier in the trade area than she could probably survive whatever they ran into that was near the Capital. Oh, and I didn't see that monster that I'd seen when I entered the city the first time. I think it's gone.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:37 pm

"Read away... I'd just make sure we stay together, don't want to get separated and one of us gets attacked without the other around... just incase. Can't hurt to be careful." With herself all packed up, she refilled her water skin from the spigot and headed to a side gate that wouldn't be too near the hydra fight. She lead Arakot by his reins so they could be walking/floating the same speed since she figured Alexi would take up her apparent favorite mode of travel quickly.

((Exit))
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Alexi nods and then follows Falabella.  She does indeed begin to levitate again and then starts reading the text again.  She is reading about a weak water skill right now.  It doesn't seem super useful but at the same time it seemed basic enough for her to be able to learn it.  Water would be good for putting out fires or just getting a drink where there wasn't drinking water, of course water brought about that way would have to be purified.

(Exit)

Practicing Bard - Page 2 3990408292  18

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:26 pm