The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

4 posters

Getting Help!

Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 4 Next Rest! 100 exp/4.7k
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Getting Help! Empty Getting Help!

Post  Remy Laroque Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Remy bursts through the barracks and doesn't even bother looking for the captain. "Hydra! Heading for the Southeast entrance of the city!" Remy then looks around. "And for gods sake get backup! It dealt with two guards already with just one hit!" Remy didn't know what the reaction would be to his comments about the hydra but if someone didn't hurry the city would be under attack. Not to mention the city but Falabella and Tokara could be in danger too.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Getting Help! Empty Re: Getting Help!

Post  Npc Captains Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:51 pm

The very moment Remy walked thought the door and yells there’s a hydra, a women with plate armor like none seen before is riding a beautiful agility horse. she looks at Remy as her face shield comes down on its own the and seems to lock in to place as if magic gear work made its lock. She had what looked like a giant sword on one side of the horse. At another glance he could see she only had one arm. “about time there was some action around here.” She spurred her horse and road it to the gates where the hydra was. This captain was to use to being on the front lines as on her face was scared from countless battles.

A large oger would step out and look down at remy. “Whew that captain from Tatara, one mention of a fight and she’s out the door. You say there’s a hydra. How many heads dos it have??” this was critical to know as most hydras had a set amount of heads. This orger stood 10 feet tall and had the mark of the medefera captain.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Remy is relieved that someone at least is acting rational here he looks to the ogre. "It had 5 heads total sir." Remy knew there were differences between different kinds of hydra but not having seen any before he was unable to determine exactly what kind of hydra this was and the hydra didn't exactly do much to show what kind it was. All Remy knew was that the hydra was really good at bitch slapping people into walls.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Blorgs eyes went wide. “its back. That bloody thing attacks the city atleast 3 times a year. Its time to beat it back again.” Blorg reached in to a bag and pulled out a conch like horn and blew in to it. Just the sound as it rose in to a deep rumbling call. As he began his walk to the gates. He got a stern look on his face as he the wielded a large hammer with one hand and taped the head of it on his hand. he was about to go make some noise. With every step he took the sound of other horns would be heard going off. Causing guards to march behind blorg. remy would feel slightly invigorated to fight.

(War horn increases the attack by 10% works only for those with in 100 feet of the first call.)
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Remy did feel the urge to fight but held back. He looks to Blorg. "Sir, it sounds as though you have heard of this creature before. Would there be any benefit to distractions of noise such as that of an explosion?" Remy would ask this trying to figure out if he would be more of a help or a hindrance. He figured he would be the latter but if there were some way to aid in the battle he would, he just didn't want to go out on a suicide run, he wasn't ready to die.... not yet.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Blorg looks back at remy and shake hi head he top to respond to the commoners proposal. “not one bit. A hydra is interesting creature. There is no hydra that is able to be fully distracted. If you’re lucky two heads will turn. We set off 50 powder kegs near it once to make it loose focus but only one head turned.” Lorg looked at the commoner his face looked familiar from a poster he once saw, but he shrugged that thought off and started back marching. “Just leave the beat to us stay in the city walls.” These where blorgs last words to Remy as he starts barking orders at guards.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 am

Remy nods to the captain and then starts to leave. The captain was right and Remy knew it. As Remy leaves he decides to forget about 70k for now. It was not the right time to leach money from the city. He decides to go and try to find Tokara and to let him know what was going on. He hears a commotion coming from within the city and decides that that is probably where Tokara is with the horse killer.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Upon walking to the barracks taycee remembered her writing pad had been stolen, her one way of communication was gone from her this would make it hard to speak with the captain. She hoped there would be some charcoal from a torch might work. Upon walking in to the barracks she held the token tight looking around she ducked and dodged some guards rushing out the door. She then saw some gear and she rushed for it and then stopped to noticed it looked awful and smelled worse.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 50 (Ready to lv.) /1050
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Atlas entered the barracks after all of the chaos. He was unsure what was going on. Atlas had been a guard, yes, but he had been injured after having been tricked by gypsies and was just returning from the hospital so he had no idea what had been going on. He wasn't supposed to be out of the hospital yet as he was not back to the form that he had been in before. He doesn't notice Taycee at first and walks up the the guard that was currently in command of the barracks.

Atlas staightens his posture fully taking on a military stance and extending to the fullness of his 7'4" frame. "Atlas Theophilus of the Mendefera 13th Guard, reporting for duty sir." He then awaited his post. He had a little bit of doubt in his mind that they would clear him for duty, but that wouldn't stop him from trying.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 pm

The current captain in charge was the visiting Captain Koneko from Ventus. She looks over at Taycee and not understanding the she cannot speak is harsh with her. Get over here and explain why you're here!

She then looks over to Atlas and starts to go through some files. Give me a minute to find your file soldier. I'll give you you're post after I read your file.

Looking back over to Taycee again and not really having given her time to respond even if she could she grumbles at her. Well speak up! I haven't got all day!
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Taycees attention was dragged to a huge man with blonde hair walking in to the barracks. He slanted her eyes at him and followed behind as he knew where he was going. Upon him stopping and talking to some one in charge she pulled off to the side and just stood there. That was until a captain started to yell at her. Well being mute taycee dealt with this allot so it didn't bother her, so she simply didn't reply and walked up to the captain and took a quill that had some ink on it and started to write on her hand as the captain looked to the huge mountain of muscle next to her. Then the captain barked at her again but this time she had a response written. On the palm of her hand she wrote one word. she showed it to the captain. MUTE. She was telling the captain she could hear her but couldn't speak. This might be an odd situation for any pissed off captain.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Atlas nods as Captain Koneko tells him to wait so she could check out his file. His attention then turns to the girl that was being barked at by the Captain. He cringes a little as the Captain is being harsh. All he can think of is that the Captain was doing a GREEEEAAAAT job at recruiting the girl. He then sees her write mute and understands that she can't speak. Atlas just waits to see how this all plays out as he figures that her writing mute would clear everything up.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 pm

The captain groans when she sees the sign that Taycee wrote. "Please excuse my rudeness. I'm a visiting Captain from Ventus and they stuck me here while the others went to fight, It's been chaotic. Please hand me the token that they gave you and take one of these two pouches of gold and any gear that you need from the table there. The same applies to you Mr. Theophilius. Unfortunately I can not clear you for duty but I have a mission that the two of you can take if you wish. Of course I need not see a token from you." She says as she places the two pouches on the desk.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:45 am

taking a pouch of gold for her self taycee placed the token in-front of the captain, then walked over to the gear assorted out. it was a hard choice on what to take. she being digging around and takes two sets of bows, while the bow them self where not worth much but the strings where still good. she could use them later while making her self some new bows. that and having two quivers would be good, getting that she also got the leather chaps the chaps where sad. taycee would need to find a nice hunting spot to get some deer hides and make her self a better pair. with getting these she walked back over to the captain. she wrote down on a scrap piece of paper with the ink quill, ~where could i find some flint-stone?~ she wondered if flint stones where common stone outside the town. but this was more directed at atlas as she noticed he might be from around here with his robust shape. this whole time taycee remained silent.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:17 am

Atlas walks up to the Captain and takes the pouch. "I won't be taking any gear so if you still give a second pouch of gold to those who don't I would be most grateful to you. Also, I do believe that at least I would be interested in accepting the quest that you mentioned." Atlas then sees Taycee's sign. "I'll take you there when you're ready to leave and I've heard the briefing for the quest. The shop owner can be... Difficult. By the way, Im Atlas, what's your name?"
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:54 am

Taking the token the Captain takes out a second pouch for Atlas. She then starts with the quest briefing. "This is really a simple quest but we lack the manpower to accomplish it. Corporal Balgrund has failed to report in to duty for some time now. We simply would like someone to visit him at his cottage in the woods west of Mendefera to check in on him. It's a relatively short travel that can be done in less than one day round trip, and the pay is decent at 2k per quest taker."

She then pulls out a small map. "This shows how to get there. After you check in on him simply report back here to the Captain on duty. Are either of you interested?"
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:00 pm

taycee writes down some thing as the captain talks. all she writes is, ~call me c for now and lets go. i will pass on this quest for now.~ writing that down she puts the quiver of arrows around her body along with the bow, taking a musty mage robes and a busted longsword. she sneezed as the mage robes where so musty to her. taking the pouch of gold and started out the door. she dodged and weaved through all the people coming in.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Atlas takes the map. I'll set about it when I am able Captain. he says before nodding to Taycee. C it is then. Let's be off. After he says this he gives a brief salute to the Captain and then heads for the door. Just a heads up. The old man at the Outfitter's tends to see things a little backwards. I don't know if he's cursed or what, but somethings off with him in that regard.

(Exit)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm